Why Choose Hot Stone Massage
by: Chris Turley
Swedish, shiatsu, Thai, reflexology, aromatherapy, Reiki, Ayurvedic, acupressure, acupuncture, Tui Na, Trigger Pointthe list can go on and on. With the vast array of massage styles there is, it is mind boggling to know which of these is most suitable for you. With so much information to go through, it will stress you out trying to figure out which kind to select.
Hot stone massage which uses heated basalt stones to relax the body and release muscular tension, has fast become one of the most popular massage techniques there is. To save you from the headache of studying each kind of massage style, here are the top reasons why hot stone therapy is the way to go:
– It can help with a wide variety of health conditions. Some of these include arthritis, fibromyalgia, muscular pain, headaches, carpal tunnel pain, back problems, runners cramps, sciatic pain, plantar fasciatis, and many others.
– It helps improve blood circulation and increase oxygen in the body.
– It is a wonderful break from your hectic lifestyle which gives you relief from stress and brings you relaxation like no other. For a couple of minutes, you will be taken to a wonderful and peaceful place where no office work, traffic jams, or household chores will bother you.
– It is ideal for people who are self-conscious about letting other people touch their body. Compared with other massage styles, in this kind there is minimal skin contact from the therapist since most of the work is being done by the hot stones.
– It does wonders in loosening up tight and sore muscles.
– It can boost your immune function.
– It is a natural process that does not entail any use of synthetic chemicals.
– It can re-energize you physically. After a session, you’ll feel that vigor you haven’t felt in years.
– It is affordable. You can receive a hot stone massage for as low as $50.
– It won’t take too much of your time. It’s just 60 to 90 minutes per session.
– It’s not painful unlike other massage styles which will leave you sore after.
– It’s widely available. Many local day spas offer hot stone therapies.
– You can do it in the comfort of your own home. You can buy hot stones and other massage equipment online or at department stores.
– It can help make you sleep better.
– It is a nice gift you can give yourself which you truly deserve after working so hard each day.
– It reduces anxiety and can help you cope with depression. A hot stone therapy can certainly give your spirit a lift when you’re feeling down.
– It can satisfy your craving for nurturing touch. It’s only human to long for another human’s touch but since you can’t always reach for someone to hug or you can’t always have intimate moments with your husband and cuddly moments with your kids, a hot stone massage can be a great alternative.
What’s not to love about a hot stone massage? Its relaxing and therapeutic benefits are more than enough reasons for you to experience it for yourself.
About The Author
Chris Turley is a director of a hot stone supply company. Learn more about hot stones by taking a tour on his site at